March 08, 2016

Sunshine of opportunity

The men from the ivory tower,
whose heads are filled with power,
Look down on me with all impunity
and say, why do I have to give you this opportunity.

The place is not for scums like you,
Old and battered, who can’t take a cue.
Muddled minds where sparks that no longer fly,
with forsaken eyes that can no longer cry.

The muscle, the power, the speed,
can never be beckoned on need.
The beauty, the color, the sharpness,
can never be brought to harness.

When the sun shines, it lights the sparks,
Makes me sharp to take on the sharks.
With eyes that can see further than yonder,
To grasp the world and appreciate her wonder.

The rays embrace me with all colors of the hue
That can make me bright and shiny to view
That gives me the strength to face with all my might
Opportunity, is wherever I set my sight.

No comments: